March 23, 2011
Have some fun before summer...
Enjoy this beautiful spring... already announced ... and take some time to care about yourself, to spoil yourself ... The La Salamandre Art Center's artists await you, welcome you, hope to see you, in one of their very exciting and informative art course they propose in their studios.
In this spring's menu, creativity and technique are offered, starting April 16th! The list of courses is tempting ...
In painting :
- - the painting and mixed techniques "à la manière d'eux" course combines art history and practice, to discover and learn techniques of artists who inspire us,
- - the beginner acrylic painting and the acrylic painting courses lead you to acquire the fundamentals of the discipline and become self-sufficient,
- - the painting course: "cover with art the ground underfoot - fill in the eyes of a horizon of color" introduces you to painting of grounds and large surfaces in trompe l'oeil,
- - the acrylic and mixed techniques course develops your research and your creativity while improving your technique.
- - the classical drawing courses allow you to acquire or improve your techniques in the manipulation of charcoal, pastel, inks...
- - the basic drawing course, exclusively for beginners, will lead you to the mastering of basic techniques and to the discovery of some great masters.
- - the sculpture and modeling: "the character" course introduces you to the manipulation of clay and provides you with techniques to build up a human figure
- - the Scrapbooking course gives you the tools and a maximum of techniques related to cardboard, bending, collage, embellishments... to lead your creations to their accomplishment.
- - the photography courses provide you with all the knowledge needed to control the objective while rediscovering the city under a new angle.
In mixed mediums:
- - a one-day workshop on mixed media is offered on May 7. You will create your own work, multi-layered and textured, with various materials, fluids, recycled, organic, mineral,...
The young ones are as privileged as the adults:
In drawing and in painting:
- - the creative drawing courses enable you to acquire or improve your drawing skills while developing your creativity and imagination,
- - the classical drawing courses and the painting and mixed techniques "à la manière d'eux" course are also available for you.
- - the sculpture and modeling: "the character" course is also offered to you, for the pleasure of discovering clay and its magnificent properties.
- - the photography courses, specially designed for you, will lead you to the mastering of your camera and to nice and pleasant walks in the city.
In textile creation:
- - in the clothing customization course you have the opportunity to create your own graduation ball dress from a garment to which you want to give a new life. The opportunity to be original... and to create what you dream to wear...
In drawing, painting and mixed media:
- - The "journey of colour " course invites you to recreate a tale and leads you to discover different artistic currents,
- - The "animals" course makes you create an artistic bestiary and introduces you to collage and textile.
March 01, 2011
Spring under the sign of art and creation?
Take some advance, and register now in one of the wonderful courses that offer you the artists of the La Salamandre Art Center (514-692-9809). They expect you with impatience in their studio to create in complete intimacy, in small groups, to share their passion with you, to receive you in their universe of art, conviviality and fun.
In the menu of this spring, a beautiful palette of course awaits you. Some will surprise you....
In painting, you are offered classical acrylic painting courses with the talented Janice Tayler and Patrycja Walton, as well as a large surfaces painting course to learn how to paint grounds in trompe l'oeil following Math Boylan's beautiful techniques. You also have the opportunity to follow a course of acrylic painting and mixed techniques in which you will improve and facilitate your research and your creativity in the company of the wonderful France Guérin.
The unavoidable courses of classical drawing and fundamentals of drawing are again offered this spring. They are essential to master your composition, technique, your perspective, and your gesture....
Using and abusing of drawing, painting and mixed techniques, the very inspired Rita Parker proposes a course combining art history and practice and invites you to create « À la manière d'EUX », those great artists that fascinate us...
Véro Dumas invites you to attend the sculpture and modeling course in her incredible studio of La Moufette Mauve. You will have the pleasure to manipulate clay, to surprise yourself in extracting figures, and discover the universe of a sculptor.
Sophie Pagès invites you to travel in her imaginary and proposes a magnificent course of scrapbooking. Pleasure to manipulate cardboard and paper...
Take advantage of this spring to walk down the streets of Montreal in the company of the professional photographer Katia Gosselin ... and your camera ... and make the most of this wonderful photography course which is offered to you.
Teenagers have not been forgotten, beautiful adventures await them ... They have the opportunity to enjoy four very beautiful drawing courses, according to their level, with the unrivalled Rita Parker and France Guérin, as well as the courses entitled "À la manière d'EUX". They are also expected in the La Moufette Mauve studio workshop to learn sculpture and modelling, and are invited to walk in the streets of Montreal in the company of Katia Gosselin to capture the city and its inhabitants from all angles in a very pleasant photography course.
The children, they still have a mad chance! Two courses of drawing and mixed techniques are proposed. Fun and learning in these two courses offered by Rita Parker are guaranteed! In the " Journey of colour ", they will have the opportunity to create a story from drawing techniques, painting, collage, graphic design... and in " animals " they create their beautiful bestiary.
March 01, 2011
Don't miss our spring courses !!!!
A wide range of great courses are offered. Visit our web site and call us at 514-692-9809.
June 01, 2010
The la Salamandre Art Center is looking for artists for its art classes
The La Salamandre Art Center relocates to move closer to its customers. In this context, we are looking for artists prepared to welcome students and give art courses in their studios a few hours per week. Regions: Montreal, Laval, Sherbrooke, Quebec and Toronto. For more information, please contact the La Salamandre Art Center at 514-692-9809 or by mail at email@example.com.
September 03, 2009
La Salamandre and the Children
"La Salamandre and the Children" tells the story of the summer adventures of the children at the La Salamandre Art Center...
May 08, 2009
La Salamandre Art Center is on You Tube
April 18, 2009
La Salamandre Art Center's friends on Facebook
La Salamandre Art Center has its own group on Facebook "Les amis du Centre d'Art La Salamandre" ... Pictures, news, events, it is a excellent way to keep in touch ...